Register for #AAMvirtual
We are excited to have you join #AAMvirtual! Registration for the AAM Virtual Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo is now open!
Registration for the virtual conference is $235 for all AAM members and $345 for non-members. Registration includes full access to all five days of sessions, networking opportunities, and MuseumExpo; plus access to all session recordings after the conference has ended.
After you register, you’ll receive an email with information on logging in to the virtual conference, which will be sent from “AAM Virtual” at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “AAM Virtual Login.”
If you registered:
- Before 3pm CT on May 14: You will receive your login information email on May 14.
- Between May 14 at 3pm CT and May 15 at 4pm CT: You will receive your login information by 6pm on May 15
- Between May 15 at 4pm CT and May 18 at 8am CT: You will receive your login instructions before the conference begins 9:45 am CT May 18.
- If you register after 8am CT on Monday, May 18, you will receive your login instructions within 2 hours. If you have an issue logging in, please contact email@example.com.
Use this link to check your membership status. If you need additional assistance regarding your membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do you charge for your conference?
Like many museums, the American Alliance of Museums is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to champion museums and nurture excellence in partnership with our members and allies. We do that by:
- offering programs to help museums and museum professionals implement standards and best practices.
- advocating for the cause of museums by promoting a deeper understanding of museums’ critical educational, cultural, scientific, and economic contributions to society with policymakers, the press, and the public.
- providing information, resources, and learning opportunities on topics vital to the future viability, relevance, and sustainability of museums.
A national conference of our size costs over $3 million over several years (in convention center fees, AV, software, events, food & beverage, transportation, staff, etc.), and up to $950 per attendee. The average amount paid by attendees directly is $358—only about a third of the real costs. We understand not everyone is able to afford the registration fee, and each year, we offer many free or deeply discounted registrations through scholarships and volunteer opportunities.
Unfortunately, like museums that have had to cancel major events this spring, the Alliance stands to lose significant revenue due to the cancellation of the annual meeting. Though we have transitioned to a virtual conference this year, with its own expenses, many of our expenses for the San Francisco convening had already been paid. And like many museums are experiencing, our various insurance policies are currently refusing to cover COVID-19 related losses.
We remain committed to providing learning and networking opportunities for the field, and we are excited to experiment with a new way to connect with you. Your registration fees offset our actual virtual meeting costs and support our year-round advocacy, as well as the development of thousands of free and low-cost tools, programs, and resources for museum professionals, such as our free COVID-19 resources. Thanks to the generosity of individuals and sponsors, we are pleased to offer a number of deeply discounted ($25) registrations to #AAMvirtual to those who are unable to afford the full registration at this time. We thank you for your participation in our Annual Meeting and look forward to seeing you virtually!
Need assistance once registration is open? Please call our registration vendor, CDS, at 774-247-4021.
CANCELLATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Because of the proximity to the virtual conference, AAM is not able to grant refunds for any cancellation requests of registrations for #AAMvirtual. If you registered for the in-person conference originally scheduled to take place in San Francisco, please review our FAQ.
Registrants who are no longer able to attend the virtual meeting may request a substitution by submitting their request in writing via email to AAM@xpressreg.net. The substitute must be from the same organization. Substitutions will be accepted until May 14, 2020. Upon receipt, the original registration rate and any event tickets purchased will transfer to the new attendee. Substitution requests will not be accepted after May 14, 2020.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The American Alliance of Museums is dedicated to providing a safe, inclusive, and welcoming conference experience for everyone. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Read our full Code of Conduct.