2024 AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo Scholarship Program
The 2024 scholarship application period is now closed. The information below is for reference only. Applicants will be notified of their status by February 16.
Scholarships are available for first-time attendees of the in-person AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo. Applications are encouraged from museum professionals and students (members or non-members) at various stages of their careers who can not attend the conference without financial assistance. The program is designed to nurture inclusive and equitable best practices by providing an opportunity to attend the AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo for those who have never attended previously.
Preference may be given to applicants who:
- Are based in North America
- Are early or mid-career professionals (within 10 years of starting their museum career)
- Are leaders of small institutions with 10 or fewer staff
If you are selected to receive an AAM Annual Meeting Scholarship, you will receive:
- Complimentary registration to AAM 2024 (up to $925 value)
- One year of AAM Individual Professional membership (up to $90 value)*
- Tickets to select networking events
- Lodging at one of the Annual Meeting hotels
- $600 travel stipend**
* Current AAM Individual Professional Members will receive a one-year complimentary renewal on their current membership
** The stipend is intended to help offset the cost of travel; depending on your location the stipend may not cover your entire cost of attendance.
AAM 2024 Scholarship Recipients will be required to:
- Participate in pre-conference calls
- Attend each day of the Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo in Baltimore May 16-19
- Participate in educational and networking activities at AAM 2024
- Submit a post-conference survey (to take no longer than 30 minutes to complete)
Scholarship recipients are expected to follow any AAM 2024 guidelines provided by AAM before and throughout the conference.
How to Apply
The application period is now closed. Applicants will be notified of decisions by February 16.
Applicants submit their applications via an online form. Individuals are encouraged to compile their application materials before starting the online process. Applicants will not be able to save and return to complete their applications later. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
To be considered for a scholarship, you must submit the following information with your application:
A single essay (no longer than 500 words) addressing the following questions:
- How has your work/experiences shaped your interest in the conference theme of health and wellbeing?
- How will your participation at the conference contribute to your professional growth?
- How will you plan to share knowledge from the conference in your work or academic studies?
Your resume/curriculum vitae (2 page limit)
Questions? We’re happy to help! Contact us Kristin DeNovellis at kherlihy[at]aam-us.org.
Thank you to our sponsors
The 2024 AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo Scholarship Program is generously supported by
The American Alliance of Museums’ mission is to champion equitable and impactful museums by connecting people, fostering learning and community, and nurturing museum excellence.