Find out more about accessibility at the Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo:
- View AAM’s Diversity and Inclusion Policy
For any other questions regarding accessibility and accommodations in advance of the meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get your boss to say yes! Download our justification letter to make your case for attending.
- Sign up to be a 2019 volunteer! Learn more about volunteering opportunities here.
- Need help with registration in advance? For questions or assistance registering for our conference, please email AAM@xpressreg.netor call 774-247-4021.
While registering, you will be prompted to indicate any accessibility needs. We will follow up with you prior to the meeting to provide resources or obtain more information.
If you require an aide or personal assistant to help you navigate the Annual Meeting and MuseumExpo, we will register your aide as a complimentary guest. Email AAM@xpressreg.net or call 774-247-4021 to add an aide to your registration.
- There will be a dedicated Quiet Room in the Convention Center. Quiet rooms are intended to provide a quiet, calm space where conference attendees can spend time away from the noise, lights, and other stimuli of conference spaces. The quiet rooms are not available for conversations or meetings.
- All bathrooms in the Convention Center are gender neutral.
- Attendees are welcome to use the restroom that is best for them across all Conference venues. We ask that no one will be stared at, questioned, or asked to leave.
Attendees who are blind or have vision impairments:
- Service Animals are welcome in all areas of the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and in our headquarters hotel.
Attendees who are deaf or hard of hearing:
- All general sessions will be closed captioned.
- ASL interpreters will be provided for all general sessions. Reserved seating will be available in the front of the general session room for those needing seating close to the interpreter. Volunteers in teal shirts will be able to direct you to these seats. If you require a sign language interpreter, please indicate your needs during registration, or email email@example.com prior to April 29, 2019.
Attendees with mobility impairments:
- Seats will be reserved in the general session ballroom for those with mobility issues or other needs. Meeting rooms will be set with ease of mobility and reserved seating arrangements in mind. In all spaces, if you are in need of help finding a place to sit, volunteers in teal shirts will be able to assist.
- The Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, as well as all contracted hotels, are equipped with elevators and escalators for those attendees with mobility issues.
- Accessible hotel rooms are standard across all of the hotels in our block. Please be sure to indicate your accessibility needs when you register. For additional information about each of the hotels’ specific amenities and accommodations email AAMHotels@connectionshousing.com.
- Scooters will be available for rent. More information will be posted on this page when available.
- There will be complimentary shuttle service between the Convention Center and the New Orleans Marriott (2019 Headquarters Hotel) for the duration of the conference.
To request accessible transportation to events, please call the transportation hotline at 504-330-9153 at least 24 hours in advance.
Accessibility in MuseumExpo
- Exhibitors in MuseumExpo were provided guidelines regarding making their booth spaces accessible. The guidelines will be available to view on the Exhibitor Resourcespage in the coming months.
- All presenters and session organizers should review the Towards a More Accessible and Inclusive Presentation View slides and a summary of the presentation.
Offsite Event Accessibility
- Click here for more detailed information about the accessibility at each of our offsite event venues (including Learning Excursions and reception).
If you require a sign language interpreter, please indicate your needs during registration, or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to April 29, 2019.
- The entire airport is free of any architectural barriers to the handicapped. For TTY calls, contact the Louisiana Relay Service by dialing 711 and request 504-303-7700 (Airport Communications). Visual Paging is available throughout the airport in conjunction with the Flight Information Display Monitors (FIDS).
- Mother’s Rooms
- These rooms are available for nursing mothers to utilize when traveling to and from the Airport. Each room has comfortable seating, an end table, a changing table, and appropriately placed electrical outlets. One Mother’s Room is provided on each concourse post-security. Please visit the concourse maps for specific locations.
- Police Station
- The Airport Police Station is located on the second level in the Concourse C Lobby near Dunkin Donuts.
- Service Animal Relief Areas
- Armstrong International offers a Service Animal Relief Area in front of the east and west sides of the Short Term Parking Garage. Exit through Baggage Claim near Bag Belts 12-14 or near Bag Belt 1 and walk across.
- Visitor Information and Assistance
- Our Customer Service Center is in the Concourse C Lobby on the second level. The phone number is (504) 303-7792. It is open from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
We make every effort to accommodate all dietary restrictions and needs. Please indicate whether you require a specific dietary accommodation during your registration. Menus will be available to view prior to the conference, and will be posted here. Email email@example.com if you have questions or need to add a dietary restriction to your registration.
Most events are served buffet or reception style, allowing you to select your own meals. If you purchase a ticket for a meal function taking place at the Headquarters Hotel and indicated a dietary restriction, that need has been communicated to the hotel.
- There will be dedicated lactation rooms in various locations in the Convention Center. Lactation rooms are private spaces and are equipped with refrigerators, storage, and electricity.
- Childcare services will not be available at the Convention Center. Below is the information for a local childcare program that can refer in-hotel sitters if needed: