The 2019 American Alliance of Museums Local Host Committee is proud to offer Local Scholarships to Louisiana-based students and museum professionals at any stage of their career to attend the 2019 AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo in New Orleans from May 19-22, 2019.
The American Alliance of Museums Annual Meeting is an opportunity for students and museum staff to gain valuable professional development and connect with colleagues across the world. Through the Local Scholarship Program, the Host Committee hopes to provide greater inclusivity and access to the meeting for those who may not be able to participate otherwise.
The Scholarship includes: Complimentary full registration to the 2019 AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo.
Don’t Miss Out!
Applications for the 2019 AAM Annual Meeting Local Scholarship Program are due by Monday, February 11, 2019.
Louisiana museum professionals and students (AAM members and non-members) are encouraged to apply for the 2019 AAM Annual Meeting Local Scholarship Program. To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- Actively work for a museum, cultural organization, or other non-profit community organization in Louisiana with an annual budget of less than $1 million OR demonstrate active participation towards entering the museum field through enrollment in a Louisiana-based bachelor’s or master’s program related to the museum field
- Have not attended the AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo in the last 2 years
- Scholarships will be limited to two recipients per organization.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the online application form. You will need to upload a single PDF document with the following:
- A letter requesting a scholarship, confirming you meet eligibility requirements, and stating why attending the conference would be beneficial to you and/or your organization
- Resume or curriculum vitae (2-page limit)
Please name the PDF file with your first and last name.
- The Local Host Committee will notify applicants via email of their status by February 18, 2019.
Confirmation and Conference Registration
By February 25, 2019, scholarship awardees must confirm acceptance of the scholarship to receive their complimentary code to register for the AAM Annual Meeting.
Please note: Scholarships are non-transferable.