We offer many ways to save to help you attend the Annual meeting on a budget.
- Register early to receive discounted registration rates based on membership and tiered deadlines
- Find a roommate on Museum Junction or the Roommate Forum and split your hotel costs
- Take advantage of discounts on hotel rooms and transportation to and around St. Louis.
- Apply for Annual Meeting Fellowships to get support for your participation.
Volunteer and Save
Help with registration, greeting, sessions, or offsite events and attend one day free. Volunteers must be from Missouri or Illinois and complete one volunteer shift (approx. four hours) to earn the complimentary day pass.
Volunteer sign-up is now open. Email the 2017 Volunteer Coordinator for more information.
Get Your Boss to Say Yes
Museums are feeling the pressure of budget cuts to travel and training programs. Below you’ll find resources to help you get the green light to join us in St. Louis, MO.
Tips to Justify Your Trip
- Express your interest with your Letter to Your Supervisor (.doc) template.
- Focus on what you will bring back to the organization as return for the investment.
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your colleagues to share what you learned. This allows others in your organization to benefit from your experience.
- Share the on-site program and speaker handouts with your colleagues. As an attendee, you have unlimited access to materials posted by speakers.
- Prepare a plan showing who will cover your responsibilities while you are attending the conference.
- Share with your boss all the ways to save.