The Arizona Fellowship supports selected staff from museums throughout Arizona and northwest New Mexico, especially in the rural areas and smaller institutions who would otherwise not be able to attend due to budget constraints, to the 2018 AAM Annual meeting. Ensuring the entire state of Arizona is represented at this year’s conference.
The Fellowship Award includes:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Complimentary tickets to selected networking events
- $650 cash award to subsidize expenses for travel, housing and meals
- One Year AAM Professional Membership
2018 AAM Annual Meeting Fellowships applications are encouraged from individuals (members or non-members) who work in a museum or cultural center in the state of Arizona or one of the following counties in northwest New Mexico: McKinley, Rio Arriba, San Juan, or Sandoval.
Preference may be given to applicants who:
- work in rural areas of Arizona and northwest New Mexico
- work for a smaller institution who would otherwise not be able to attend due to budget constraints
Requirements of Fellowship Recipients
- Fellowship recipients are required to attend the entire Annual Meeting (May 6-9), Alliance Fellowship Breakfast and ticketed Professional Network events accompanying the award.
- Fellows are encouraged to stay in the hotel housing block for Phoenix. Housing information is available under Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo Housing.
Fellows are also strongly encouraged to participate in the following educational and networking activities, depending on their experience and interests:
- First-Time Attendees Welcome Program (Sunday, May 6, 9-11am)
- General Sessions (Monday, May 7, Tuesday, May 8, Wednesday, May 9)
- Marketplace of Ideas (Monday, May 7)
After the conference, fellows are required to submit an evaluation on their Annual Meeting experience.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the online application form. You will need to upload a single PDF document with the following:
- Please prepare a cover letter briefly explaining
- specifics of financial need and your institution’s annual budget
- location of your institution and the audience you serve
- how your participation at the conference will contribute to your professional growth
- how you plan to apply knowledge from the conference in your work
- Resume or curriculum vitae (2 page limit)
- Please name the pdf file with your first and last name.
AAM will notify applicants via email of their status by February 28, 2018.
Fellows Confirmation and Conference Registration
By March 12, 2018, Fellowship awardees must:
- Confirm acceptance of the Fellowship
- Submit a signed IRS W-9 form (for U.S. Citizens) or W-8 (for non-U.S. citizens)
Once AAM receives confirmation and signed IRS forms, AAM will:
- Issue a special code with instructions to Fellowship recipients on how to register for complimentary Annual Meeting registration and purchase additional event tickets not included or conflicting with other Fellowship events
- Issue travel stipends to Fellowship recipients. Please note: travel stipends will take approximately four weeks to issue to recipients
Please note: Fellowship awards are non-transferable.