9 Reasons You Don’t Want To Miss This Meeting
There are literally hundreds of reasons to come to AAM’s 2017 annual meeting in St. Louis, but here are some highlights you won’t want to miss:
Top-Notch Speakers, including:
- Haben Girma, Harvard Law’s first deaf-blind graduate, speaking on inclusive design
- Bryan Stevenson, Equal Justice Initiative founder, speaking on racial inequality and mass incarceration
- Vincent Valdez, artist, speaking on historical—and often overlooked—societal injustice
- Melissa Harris-Perry, television host, moderating a panel on the changing role of museums in a divided society
- Chris Taylor, MN Historical Society’s Chief Inclusion Officer, moderating a panel on the notion that “Diversity is a noun, Inclusion is a verb.”
- Johnnetta Betsch Cole, director emerita, National Museum of African Art
- and nearly 700 presenters from across the museum field and other sectors
Lessons from the International Community—We can learn a lot from our counterparts around the world. We are thrilled to welcome presenters from Mexico, Ukraine, Bangladesh, Philippines, Mongolia, Brazil, Egypt, Colombia, China, Georgia, Canada, Kenya, Argentina, United Kingdom, Venezuela, Korea, Guatemala, Russia, and Botswana speaking on a wide range of topics.
More than 200 Program Sessions featuring thought leaders, next practices, and the nuts and bolts of leading a museum. Get inspired and solve your museum’s biggest challenge with practical, tactical advice from experts across the field.
Lots of FREE Stuff Included in Your Registration—Register today and you’ll get 4 MuseumExpo refreshment breaks, “Go Explore St. Louis” evening events, Wifi, session recordings and handouts, morning exercise classes, and a coffee break—ALL FREE!
285 Companies in the MuseumExpo can help your museum identify time-saving and cost-saving solutions. Free with your registration, we invite you to visit the world’s largest gathering of museum products and services, attend product demonstrations, and see the latest technology in museums.
12 Customized Program Tracks (or design your own!)—We have just the right content for you whether you are a director, curator, registrar, exhibit designer, educator, marketer, fundraiser, technologist, evaluator, administrator, facilities manager, or if you are just starting your career in museums.
Did We Mention FREE Evening Events? More than two dozen St. Louis museums and cultural institutionsre opening their doors after hours for you to explore as many as you’d like, all FREE with your meeting registration! (Although we do recommend purchasing a shuttle pass for convenient travel to evening events.)
Meet 61 new museum professionals showcasing their work in the Emerging Innovators Forum, and network with 13 of our Professional Networks in the Marketplace of Ideas—all in the MuseumExpo.
Take a deep dive into how museums are addressing diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. If you care about social justice issues—or if you want to benchmark your museum’s progress in these areas—this is the one conference you don’t want to miss. We invite you to participate in this vital dialogue, share your perspectives about the challenges and opportunities of museums in today’s society, and learn strategies for becoming more inclusive to better serve your community.
Don’t delay – Register Today!!!