Tuesday, May 9, 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
In collaboration with the Committee on Museum Professional Training (COMPT) a Professional Network of the American Alliance of Museums.
Proposals are now being accepted for Emerging Innovators Forum, a showcase of museum projects and ideas at the 2017 AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo. This program provides an opportunity for current students or emerging professionals with less than five years working in the field to present on topics related to any area of museum practice. Presentations might focus on:
- Diversity, accessibility, equity, and inclusion topics
- Audience engagement, research or evaluation initiatives
- Collections related projects
- Curatorial practice
- Education or interpretation programs
- Exhibition design models or related exhibition interpretation panels
- Graphic and publication design projects
- Media projects (website, film, video, animation, games)
- Volunteer or docent management
- Other professional topics
What Is It?
Emerging Innovators Forum is an open “marketplace” where participants display or demonstrate their presentations on tabletops, display boards and/or corkboards. Participants are encouraged to engage attendees in informal discussion and/or activities related to the work being presented. Attendees are invited to visit project areas at their leisure.
- Showcase individual creativity and innovation
- Present ideas that might inform new avenues of thinking about museum practice
- Gain visibility and build professional presence in a public forum
- Receive invaluable feedback from colleagues in the field
- Build career development and networking opportunities
Guidelines for Submission of Proposals:
The submission process is closed.
Please read the following information before submitting a proposal.
- Before submitting a proposal, be sure you (and any co-presenters) have an updated AAM profile. Create or update your profile here.
- Participation in this program will be based on vetting by Alliance staff and COMPT leadership in order to ensure that projects represent a range of topic areas (exhibits, education, media, etc.)
- Participants will be accepted on a space-available basis. Notifications will be sent March 10, 2017.
- Participants in this program must be registered for the conference, and are not considered “presenters” for registration purposes.
- This program is not intended for independent contractors promoting products or services.
If you have any questions about this program or your proposal, please contact Greg Stevens.