2017 Featured Speaker Series: Gateways to Understanding Community Stakeholder Panel
St. Louis is a city of confluences - where rivers join, the north and south collided, and Delmar Boulevard still symbolizes a separation of black and white communities. The national media has highlighted Ferguson, but our region's connections and conflicts are much broader than that. What is the role of museums and institutions in the midst of such conflict? This community panel features perspectives from leaders in St. Louis and beyond to discuss museums' role in civic dialogue and engagement.
Moderator: Melissa Harris-Perry, writer, professor, television host and political commentator
- Dr. Kelvin Adams, Superintendent of School, St. Louis Public Schools
- Akif Cogo, President, St. Louis Bosnians, Inc.
- Danny Gonzales, Historian, St. Louis County
- Dr. Mark Lombardi, President, Maryville University
- Felicia Shaw, Director, Regional Arts Commission
- Cara Starke, Director, Pulitzer Arts Foundation